SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
Classes are ending and finals are beginning but it's so hard to stay focused with the sun finally shining. Here's how I'm going to try to survive the home-stretch because my winter advice just isn't cutting it anymore.
Where to study:
- Outside! T-hall lawn is relatively flat so grab a blanket and spread out under a tree.
- Downtown at BNG, Franz's, or The Bagelry. They have some outdoor seating and you've got nourishment right there.
- At home. Home can be your dorm or apartment, or your parents house if you live close enough. Being here amongst the academic buildings is getting old so switch it up for a fresh perspective.
What to eat:
- Food that makes you happy. I've heard that if you're chowing on your comfort food, you're more likely to retain information. Exams are stressful and can't be taken on an empty stomach so fill up with you're favorite energy.
- Go to late night at Philly. Philbrook has some great fried food available during late night hours. Use up the rest of those swipes and dining dollars.
- Eat a real meal. Order some chinese take-out from Mei Wei. You can stuff your face while you cram your brain; can't go wrong there.
Where to rest:
- Outside! Again, T-hall lawn is where it's at. Toss aside your books and fall asleep in the sun. Make sure you have sunscreen though.
- The Rockingham room. It's still my go-to nap spot when I'm stuck on campus. It's always so quiet and warm on those couches.
- Your couch. We're all moving shortly and before things get too cluttered with boxes, enjoy the last days in your place here.
Where to have fun:
- Durham bars. If you're over 21, hit 'em up for the last few times while we're all still here.
- The beach. Relax by the water at Rye or Hampton. Bring a frisby or a football and your friends for a study break.
Happy studying :)
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.