SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
Apparently alcohol poisoning isn’t the only danger to consider when getting a beer keg. A male Redhook Brewery employee died Tuesday morning from injuries sustained in an accident involving an exploding beer keg.
The employee was said to have been pressurizing kegs with air, which is part of a cleaning method. The keg failed and exploded, leaving him with injuries on his head and chest from parts of the keg. His condition worsened despite being brought to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital in an ambulance, and his injuries resulted in his death.
The brewery and police are conducting investigations into the incident, and the brewery canceled all tours for Tuesday.
Moral of the story: don’t clean your kegs. Just drink from them.
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.