SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
1. You have the rest of your life to work for a company you hate. Let's face it: assuming your liver carries you through your prime, you will have ample time to build a career at a company that thrives on sucking the life out of employees. Save Saturday shifts and sexual harassment from your balding superior for post-college life.
2. Living on shekels keeps you creative. Do you really think Ramen Cookbooks or CitySlips would exist if it weren't for a bunch of broke, beer-loving college kids? These precious years of negative account balances (and maybe a little scurvy) could spur the ingenuity that will have you laughing all the way to the bank with your fatty paychecks.
3. You'll miss out on internship opportunities. Think about it – while you're getting paid minimum wage to spend your summer cleaning up chili explosions in the Jack-In-The-Box bathroom, the other kid in your class is getting college credit to photograph events at SXSW and make latte runs. Sucker.
4. Working in college makes you lame. Have you ever been to a party with a student who works full time? It's a constant barrage of awkward conversation about his or her douchebag boss, having to get up early, needing to leave pretty soon, etc. Don't be a wet blanket; it's boring and nobody wants to hear about it.
5. The purpose of college is to learn how to juggle responsibilities – for now, those include cramming for tomorrow's psych exam and partying your face off while you're still young enough to get away with it. Nobody wants to bang the 42-year-old Pizza Hut manager who is trying to relive the glory days he missed out on by “being responsible”. Don't be this guy...
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.