SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
The Olympics Opening Ceremony is tonight. While athletes from all over the world are proudly marching with their country’s flag, college students everywhere will proudly be pounding down beers in the name of patriotism.
With the help of the folks over at brobible.com, I bring you the Official 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Drinking Game.
Take One Sip When:
- The commentator says how much something cost.
- Any comparison to the Beijing opening ceremonies is made
- The phrase “this is what the Olympics is all about” is said
- A country ending in “istan” appears
- Any reference to the 1948 London Olympics is mentioned
- An athlete takes a picture on their phone
- A spectator or athlete is crying
Chug Half A Beer When:
- A farm animal is clearly doing something not planned
- A flag with five or more colors is shown
- A reference to the Dream Team is made
- 15 minutes goes by without a shot of David Beckham
- A royal family member is shown
- There is a mistake in the opening show
Finish Your Drink When:
- A PETA member goes Rambo and ruins the show
- Queen Elizabeth II is shown not waving or smiling
- A country has less than 10 athletes
- Any team enters the stadium not in alphabetical order
- A drunk spectator is interviewed
Take A Shot Every Time:
- A country you didn’t know existed enters the stadium
- A country is represented by only one athlete
- James Bond, Mary Poppins or Lord Voldemort makes an appearance
- An athlete or performer falls (you must also point and laugh)
- A country’s athletes are shown for less than 3 seconds
Finish Every Beer in the House (aka Game Over):
- If a female athlete represents Saudi Arabia
So stock up on that cheap Russian vodka, even cheaper American beer and support your country.
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.