SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
Today, Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 is officially the summer solstice, which means it's the longest day of the year. Since we now have a few extra minutes today, let's take the time to do something fun.
1. Set Up A Slip N Slide. Everyone loves getting a little wet on a hot summer day and what better way to do so than a slip n slide with some friends. It's as easy as a tarp, soap and a bucket of water. Plus it could turn into a wet t-shirt competition so that's always a plus.
2. Float A River. Floating a river is the best thing for a hot sunny day. Grab some beers, floaties, plenty of sunscreen and push off. With the extra minutes of day light it just allows that much more time to bask in the glory of summer.
3. Drink Summer Ale. The summer months are limited and brewers only brew so many batches. Enjoy them while you can. (Who cares if it's before noon, you're still in college, right?)
Related: Narragansett Beer Summer Ale
4. Grill You Meals. Forget ovens, and forget what health freaks have to say, summertime is all about grilling. Grab your meats (men don't grab your meat - that's just weird), veg and tongs and get out to that grill. Hell make all three meals on the thing, it's the solstice. Pairs nicely with item number 3.
5. Party Out Side Tonight. I don't care if it's Wednesday or not, you're boss will understand. Drinking and dancing outdoors is what the Mayans would have done, right? Plus tonight is the one night were you're allowed to party with your sunglasses on.
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.