SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
Finals got you stressin? Here's eight superfoods that can help fight stress and make you feel great.
1. A handful of nuts- Nuts contain lots of magnesium, which keeps cortisol (a stress hormone) levels low and you happy.
2. Broccoli- This green superfood is packed with folic acid, which helps relieve stress, panic, anxiety, and depression.
3. Ice Cream- There's a reason ice cream is one of the best known comfort foods. In fact, any food containing sugar decreases levels of anxiety-producing hormones like glucocorticoid.
4. Whole Grains- A slice of whole grain bread contains complex carbs, which raises serotonin levels and makes you feel happy and relaxed.
5. Mushrooms- These little guys are rich in selenium, which studies have linked a deficiency of to higher risk or depression, anxiety, and fatigue.
6. Salmon- Containing high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, salmon can help your brain work better and also decrease levels of stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
7. Dark Chocolate- Delicious and nutritious! Consuming dark chocolate boosts endorphin production, boosting your mood and reducing stress.
8. Orange Juice- The Vitamin C found in orange juice not only boosts your immune system but also fights the damaging free radicals that are produced when you're stressed.
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.