SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
Finally, spring break is near and we all are excited for a much-needed break from these grueling six weeks of school. A girl needs her daily necessities, but while on vacation, she needs the ultimate accessories for a fabulous look. Don’t hop on a plane and forget something you’ll regret!
1) Bikinis (more than one) – What is spring break all about? Laying out on the beach, soaking up the sun, with a sweet drink in your hand (for 21+ of course). Whether it’s a barely there string bikini, almost there monokini, or a totally there one piece, rock it. Target has great swimsuits for an even better price. Remember, the more the merrier and don’t be afraid of bold colors and prints.
2) Sun Hat – Sun hats are big, audacious and the perfect accessory for a beach look. While basking under the scorching sun, protect your face from the blaze with a sun hat. Marshalls has them in different colors and prints for really good prices. Wear it while strolling on the beach or to hide not so flattering beach hair.
3) Sunglasses – Sunglasses add a unique flair to any outfit, right? You can never have too many sun blockers. The bigger the better, especially after a night with one too many drinks. Cover up those slightly opened eyes with some stylish sunglasses, at least until you find a Starbucks nearby.
4) Sandals – Yes ladies, sandals. Spring break is all about relaxing and sandals are an easy way to get around town without aching feet. If you can’t bear having your feet on the ground while eating out or shopping, wedges are also cute and comfy way to dress up beachwear.
5) Sundress – A wise, fashionable girl once told me, “it’s as easy to throw on a sundress as sweatpants,” and she’s totally right. Show off those legs you’ve worked so hard to tone in the gym and turn heads while strolling down the boulevard.
6) Party Attire – After spending the day in the sun on the beach, end the night dancing at a club. Grab your sexiest party dress, toss on your stilettos, and hit the town with the girls.
7) Sunscreen/Suntan lotion – It’s not hot to be red or orange, but every girl wants that sun kissed glow. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen or suntan lotion before hitting the beach for a natural looking tan and to prevent skin cancer!
8) Beach Bag – Instead of bringing your designer bag to the beach to get plowed with sand, put all of your necessities into a beach bag- large and durable and just right for the beach.
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.