SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
In Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Sloane Peterson is the coolest girl around. First of all she snags Ferris as her boyfriend. Not bad. She puts up with all his crazy wackiness, and despite his consistent shenanigans towards everyone around him, he is genuinely sweet on her. It’s not a secret that I adore Sloane Peterson. So here it is - how Sloane Peterson from Ferris Bueller's Day off taught me how to be an awesome girlfriend.
4. Be confident. One of the reasons Ferris loved her was because she was cool and classy lady, she didn’t stress. She uttered the words and believed, “He’s gonna marry me.” She probably knows if her boyfriend was running through a backyard and saw two girls tanning he probably would stop and say hello, but she also knows that he would spend hours of stress and risk his neck to get her out of school to just see her. Relax. You have him. He’s not going anywhere, and if he talks to other girls… who cares? You're the one he's with, right?
5. Say eloquent things. Did Sloane ever use the word “like” as much as you do in your daily conversation? No. Drop the habit that makes you seem like a dumb valley girl and trade it for respectable vocabulary terms like “warmth & compassion” and “devastatingly handsome.” Once you’ve mastered talking like an adult, you’ll be able to spew pearls of poetry like “The city looks so peaceful from up here…”
6. Pack lightly - ever notice how tiny Sloane’s purse was? The bigger the purse, the lamer the girl. Its called baggage for a reason.
7. Be able to keep up with the boys. Hey, if you’ve got cramps, take midol. It’s that simple. You don’t ever wanna be the girlfriend who is a drag and never wants to go out. A girl who can say she cruised with the top down in a convertible, swung by the Stock Exchange, and took in a Cubs game all in one day, is sorta girl who you wanna keep around.
8. Wear that fringe jacket proud.
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.