SUMOskinny magazine is the ultimate guide to college life. Part local, part national, and all college.
The summer of 2011 has been a great summer thus far. However, today is August 4th and it’s starting to get into crunch time before school starts up again. You’ve got less than a month left to enjoy yourself, so I’m going to help you go big. Do these five things and this will be a summer to remember:
1) Go to your local water/amusement park. Now that you’re older, you can finally convince your friends to go in the lazy river (by far my favorite lazy thing to do in the summer. Water park flotilla anyone?). Or you can go down the slides that you were too small to go on ten years ago.
2) Get drunk and email your professor/advisor. One will have further implications than the other. Make sure you include how much you love their office hours, and that you can’t wait for school to start so you can get back to work. This is best done at three or four in the morning. Prove your dedication to education.
3) Make a YouTube video and try your best to have it go viral. Ideas for videos: ranting about a celebrity (not advised to rant about a minority like that bitch from UCLA), being pulled behind a car while riding a skateboard and crashing, eating 10 pounds of asparagus, your cat (doing pretty much anything).
4) Invent your own drinking game and try to teach it back at school. Claim that it’s super popular in (blank) (insert somewhere you went this summer). In my experience, the easier the roles the quicker it becomes popular.
5) Heckle at a sporting event. It could be professional or little league. Insult the players’ ability, appearance, possible extra-marital activities, lack of sponsorships, etc. Anything is fair game. Refs or umpires are always easy targets and a cheap laugh. So get creative. Enjoy your month…
Everytime you socialize with SUMOskinny, you get points. Read a story? Points. Share a story? Points. Use points to get free stuff in our shop now.